Export thread

John Deere RV43RVE question

C

Chalklands

Hi,
New to the forum but hoping somebody can offer some advice.
I have a John Deere model # R43RVE (Product ID SA0816X000710) walk behind mower, bought in the UK.
The problem I have, is that the right top fixing on the plastic grass flap has snapped, so I need to replace the flap. I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't work out how to remove the current flap in order to replace it. It seems to be held in place by two bolts, but I can't see how to loosen them to remove the flap. Can anybody help please? I've attached some images that may help.

Thanks.

StarTech

StarTech

Looks like the wing nuts [37] holding handle bar clamps must be remove so the screws [45] can driven out into the cavities under those covers [46].
1696797758893.png

C

Chalklands

Looks like the wing nuts [37] holding handle bar clamps must be remove so the screws [45] can driven out into the cavities under those covers [46].
View attachment 66957
Ah, thank you for the quick response. Hadn't thought of that. I'll try and take a look tomorrow.

C

Chalklands

View attachment 66957
Thank you very much indeed. Managed to remove the bolt, following your advice!
Just ordered a replacement grass collector flap. Hopefully will be able to replace it this weekend.

C

Chalklands

View attachment 66957
All sorted. Thanks for the advice!