john deere LT160 builds momentum and will move just a little

mark69

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / john deere LT160 builds momentum and will move just a little
I have a LT160. i put a new drive belt on thinking this would fix it but did not. it wont hardly go, if you push on the foot pedal it will builds momentum and will move just some and then it stops .the push rod in back is in all the way . is there an adjustment or something? thanks mark

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a LT160. i put a new drive belt on thinking this would fix it but did not. it wont hardly go, if you push on the foot pedal it will builds momentum and will move just some and then it stops .the push rod in back is in all the way . is there an adjustment or something? thanks mark

Is the belt turning the transmission pulley?
Is the belt too slack??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the answer to pug's questions are no to #1 and yes to #2 you do not have the belt routed correctly. The belt should have tension at all times.

mark69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not the belts. thay are good !

xp14629

Threads
One of two good possible things. I have seen where the inside of the transmission pulley is stripped and not fully engaging the shaft. It can still allow the tractor to move, it would of been a sudden issue occuring though. Next is if the belt groove in the pulley is so worn that it is not contacting the full length of the vee edges. This is hard to determine for someone that has never seen it before. This would of been a long ongoing issue of losing ground speed.