Engine John Deere LA-140 Riding mower Troublershooting

kellry27

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm trying to repair my tractor Its 3 years new just gave it a tune up because after running about 45 minutes the engine started speeding up and slowing down rapidly and seemed like it wasn't getting any gas it just stalled out. After replacing spark plugs, gas and oil filters the next day it ran for 10 Minutes and shut down the same way I was told to check the gas cover vent hole. I went to a John Deere dealer looking for some advice and hope's that it would be a minor problem. He thought it could be a blown engine gasket. I'm surprised that there aren't more people having the same problem. If someone has had this happen to there John Deere LA-140 mower please respond to my thread. Thx in advance

blades

Threads
I'm trying to repair my tractor Its 3 years new just gave it a tune up because after running about 45 minutes the engine started speeding up and slowing down rapidly and seemed like it wasn't getting any gas it just stalled out. After replacing spark plugs, gas and oil filters the next day it ran for 10 Minutes and shut down the same way I was told to check the gas cover vent hole. I went to a John Deere dealer looking for some advice and hope's that it would be a minor problem. He thought it could be a blown engine gasket. I'm surprised that there aren't more people having the same problem. If someone has had this happen to there John Deere LA-140 mower please respond to my thread. Thx in advance

Did you leave gas in it over the winter? if so likely the carb needs cleaning/rebuild. Plugged vent in gas tank cover could also cause this as you mentioned, last but not least fuel line collapsing due to the effects of the ethnaol in gas ( rots the line from the inside out which in turn fouls the carb up ). Ethanol in gas is one of the biggest jokes ever foisted on the american public, in the name of saving energy sources, as it requires more than it replaces to produce in the first place.