John Deere L130

Johndeeregreen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have an L130 I've replaced the Pto switch and the seat pressure switch, but when I try to start cutting I engage the blades and the mower shuts down. I hear the blades start to move while shutting down. Not sure the issue but when I turn the key all the way to the on position but not star I hear it clicking engaging the pto, so I that's not an issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you sure you replaced both switches with the exact replacement? Please supply us with your units model number, as well as the part numbers for both replacement switches. That way we can double check part numbers and suggest resolutions as to how to resolve your problem.

Johndeeregreen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you sure you replaced both switches with the exact replacement? Please supply us with your units model number, as well as the part numbers for both replacement switches. That way we can double check part numbers and suggest resolutions as to how to resolve your problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-133602_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-133602_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220904-133549_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-133549_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 3

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like reverse switch is active. Try pressing the reverse inhibit switch on the dash before engaging the PTO and see if that resolves the issue.

Johndeeregreen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately the same thing happens when I press the reverse. I Would send a video on here but it says the file size is too large

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
OKay let's try this. Using an ohms meter with the seat switch depressed check Black wire with white tracer spripe to the black only wire. With the switch depress there should be no resistance (infinity. 1.999 on digital meters). if it show continuity then either the connector is not fully seated or the built-in shorting is bad, shorting the two wires together.

Note: the seat switch setup on a customer L110 so I did verify the present of the shorting strip in the connector.

D

Deleted member 97405

Were you having this issue before you changed the switches? If so, I'm thinking the reverse safety switch may be bad and the system thinks you're in reverse? I've seen those switches go bad or debris to cause them to stick, which makes the machine think you're pressing the reverse pedal. Follow your pedal linkage and find the switch and make sure it's ok. Hope this helps.