JOHN DEERE JS26

jackcu

Active Member
When trying to start every now and then I get a kickback when pulling to start and a clunk noise. Associated with this sometimes is black soot out of exhaust. I cleaned the carb, plug replaced, and checked for spark. Spark seems to be fine and its getting fuel. Tried starting fluid and it seems to want to back fire and spit soot out of exhaust more when using starting fluid. Its a B. S. motor 190 cc. 700 series motor.
I think mower is 2 years old and appears to have low hours. I have not been able to get it running yet. Any help would be appreciated.

MOWER MODEL # JS26
MANUFACTUER MODEL # 7800574
SERIAL # 2014211785

MOTOR MODEL # 128T02-0118-B1
SERIAL # 10 208 56 04105
 
Kill bet you have either a loose flywheel nut or a partially sheared flywheel key. Also, check to see that the blade is good and tight.
 
When trying to start every now and then I get a kickback when pulling to start and a clunk noise. Associated with this sometimes is black soot out of exhaust. I cleaned the carb, plug replaced, and checked for spark. Spark seems to be fine and its getting fuel. Tried starting fluid and it seems to want to back fire and spit soot out of exhaust more when using starting fluid. Its a B. S. motor 190 cc. 700 series motor.
I think mower is 2 years old and appears to have low hours. I have not been able to get it running yet. Any help would be appreciated.

MOWER MODEL # JS26
MANUFACTUER MODEL # 7800574
SERIAL # 2014211785

MOTOR MODEL # 128T02-0118-B1
SERIAL # 10 208 56 04105

It sounds like a flywheel key to me.
 
Back
Top