John Deere D140 Wiring Diagram?

D

Deleted member 97405

The serial number tag has worn off unfortunately. The guy I'm looking at it for had "hot wired" it and I am pretty sure he cut out a wire or 2. I can get it started by jumping the solenoid (I know the solenoid needs replaced) however the blades will not engage when the PTO switch is pulled up. The PTO pigtail seems to have some connections missing.
Sometime in the past, the metal bracket that keeps the PTO clutch from spinning probably wore through, and when the clutch spun around, it tore all the wiring out. I've seen it a bunch of times. Can create an electrical nightmare. I hope you get it figured out. It's a fairly simple system. But word of advice, find that metal bracket. It's secured to the side of the tractor frame with one bolt and goes in and keeps the PTO body stationary. If that bracket has any wear at all, replace it. It's fairly cheap and will save you from an expensive electrical repair. Anytime I get this series in the shop, I make it a habit to check that bracket. Cant tell you how many grateful customers I've saved a ton of money over the years...

1671720113808.png

Last edited by a moderator:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry 2011
The only difference between the 2011 and 2012 schematics is the engine alternator and voltage regulator wiring. The 2011 used a 9 amp tri circuit stator and used a 10-13 amp stator. The later stator is a two wire version with a three wire voltage regulator with a grounding wire.
1671951461657.png

Now switch S4 is the Reverse Inhibit Switch, S5 is the seat switch, and S6 is the reverse switch which I didn't note them. Also Y2 is the anti after fire solenoid on the carburetor.
1671952064333.png

Last edited: