John Deere 425 problem

425moneypitt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1993 John Deere 425 with about 1400 regularly maintained hours on it . It sputtered and stalled about about a month ago , I started it back up and and it ran for few seconds and stalled again . Since then I replaced battery , starter & solenoid , time delay module , starter switch module , igniter module , all brand new .Every connection has been inspected and cleaned properly . All fuseable links are good . Seat switch and brake both checked and cleaned . Its getting fuel but and will start and run as long as I hold the key in starting position . I hope someone has a fix for this . All help will be appreciated . Thank You

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you say "and will start and run as long as I hold the key in starting position " what do you mean by it..? are you saying if you let go the engine will stop, if so replace the key switch.

Nwatson99

Threads
When you say "and will start and run as long as I hold the key in starting position " what do you mean by it..? are you saying if you let go the engine will stop, if so replace the key switch.

I agree sounds like the switch has a short in it.

425moneypitt

Forum Newbie
Threads
That has been done . The entire key switch module , meaning the starter switch and all the electrical componets that are with the replacement componet kit have been replaced , bought at a John Deere Dealer . Thanks