John deere 317

PJ

Threads
Oops sorry forgot to say that it is the breather tube im going to the dealer to order the part tomorrow but that will work for now i guess

Be carefull that pipe material is for cold water only could become hard and fail on you. My sugestion will be raplace as soon as posible.

PJ

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The new breather hose will press into the breather cover, so you won't need the pipe, clamps , or other jerry rigs parts of the breather tube.

PJ

Threads
Im asking if the pipe is a standard part, that the clear hose is connected to on the bottom of the picture. I put the clear hose on there just for now, im just wondering if i would be ok to leave it rigged up like that or not.

I did reply it seemed to disapear.I would not trust the pipe as you have it. The clear plastic is cold application and will fail on you when you least expect it. I would rather replace it with the poper replacement or a good rubber pipe

PJ

Mwh0428

Threads
I will order a new hose ASAP.

I had it parked in the heated part of the shop started it it ran good and then I drove it out the door into the non heated part and shut off the fuel supply before the fuel pump and let the carb use the remaining amount of fuel left and it eventually ran out of fuel. Decided to start it up the next day, it first would not start because there was no fuel in carb then the battery ran dead so I got the portable jump starter and jumped it. It ran really rough and then died out started it again ran real rough like it was running on one cylinder. The I turned it over a third time and heard one pop and then nothing and turned it over again same thing just one pop. What is wrong with it know? About ready to find a new motor.

Sent from my droid 4 using LMF

Mwh0428

Threads
Sorry for not replying in so long I have been caught up with other things and have had little to no time at the shop.

Mwh0428

Threads
Finally decided to mess with it today and I tried checking for compression I only got 80 lbs of compression. dose this have a compression release mechanism or not? But as I was cranking it I looked at my fuel line and saw gas being sprayed out of the fuel line. It had a pinhole leak right before the carb and it was right behind the air cleaner and carb so you really could not see it. I replaced the fuel line and it runs like it did I'm going to see if my uncle could help me adjust my carb so it doesn't run rich anymore but it will work for now.