John Deere 260 mower deck bogging down

Scoobyrex02

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having issues with John Deere 260 with mower deck bogging down. Engine runs fine.

Had the battery light come on last few mowing sessions. Last two times mowing I had to jump battery to get started. Figured weak battery or charging system.
Last time I had to jump battery with charger and part way through mowing noticed the mower deck slowed to a stop. Tried to turn mower deck back on and nothing. When turned motor off, would not restart…not even turn over. Charged battery again, could hear relay for deck click with pto switch and got started and was able to continue mowing. After 20 or so minutes, the mower deck bogged down to a stop again.

Went out and got a new battery. Engine started right up. Battery light is still on, when mowing, it’s bogging down to a stop still. Engine seems fine.

Seen mentions of clutch systems drawing too much current, wondering if this could be my issue as well?

for battery light, fair to assume charging system maybe an issue or could this be from some other electrical system issue?

Thanks for feedback.

Bertrrr

Threads
I'd say if you had a clutch pulling too much amperage your fuse would pop, make sure there is nothing dragging your power down like a bad spindle , blade obstruction etc. spin everything by hand and be sure everything is free

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Having issues with John Deere 260 with mower deck bogging down. Engine runs fine.

Had the battery light come on last few mowing sessions. Last two times mowing I had to jump battery to get started. Figured weak battery or charging system.
Last time I had to jump battery with charger and part way through mowing noticed the mower deck slowed to a stop. Tried to turn mower deck back on and nothing. When turned motor off, would not restart…not even turn over. Charged battery again, could hear relay for deck click with pto switch and got started and was able to continue mowing. After 20 or so minutes, the mower deck bogged down to a stop again.

Went out and got a new battery. Engine started right up. Battery light is still on, when mowing, it’s bogging down to a stop still. Engine seems fine.

Seen mentions of clutch systems drawing too much current, wondering if this could be my issue as well?

for battery light, fair to assume charging system maybe an issue or could this be from some other electrical system issue?

Thanks for feedback.
Check and clean all electrical connections. Check to be sure new battery is being charged. Check deck pulleys and spindles and belt for wear, etc.