Export thread

John Deere 22B Utility Trailer

grnspot110

grnspot110

I recently happened onto a CL ad for a "John Deere Lawn Cart". Since I was about to build a small parade trailer to haul one of my JD "lawn tractors" behind one of the bigger "garden tractors" in parades, I took notice of this one. I'd never seen a JD like this one & did a little research on it, turned out to be a 22B golf course maintenance trailer:

John Deere 22B cart.png

Trouble was, it was 300 miles from home & I'm not much of a traveler! Thought it over for a few days & since if was JD & since it was an uncommon item, decided to go for it. This one was built in 2010 & was a warranty return to the manufacturer, I bought it from an employee of the mfg. after repairs were made. So after an all day drive of 625 miles, it now belongs to me:

HPIM3039 (800x597).jpg

The size is just right 44" x 60" bed, low sides, ramp gate & very well built:

HPIM3040 (800x597).jpg

Found the 8" SS hub caps on Ebay & picked up a pair of flat -top fenders for it. Worked most of yesterday morning on the fenders:

HPIM3049 (800x597).jpg

Had to stretch them 2" at the bottom & weld on 1" spacers to the back:

HPIM3050 (800x597).jpg

Leveled & placed them to drill the mounting holes:

HPIM3051 (800x597).jpg

Then used lightweight body putty to smooth the welds:

HPIM3052 (800x597).jpg

During the afternoon I sanded & painted them, a couple coats of Rustoleum "John Deere Green" underneath & 4 coats of John Deere "AG Green" on the top. ~~ Lowell

Retiredcarguy

Retiredcarguy

A special find and great work!
Enjoy it. Please add a parade photo in the future.

B

BillyP

Nice find. Enjoyed the pictures and writeup. I'd check those tires to make sure they are DOT rated.

grnspot110

grnspot110

Nice find. Enjoyed the pictures and writeup. I'd check those tires to make sure they are DOT rated.

They're not! Won't be going more than around 8 miles at any one time & then not more than 10 mph. ~~ Lowell