JD Z535M - Transmission Trouble?

droach1531

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Z535M with only 71 hours on it. The left side transmission went bad at about 50hrs and it was replaced under warranty. Today I was mowing for about ten minutes and then I got a bad vibration and the right side went out. It's under warranty but the dealer is an hour away. Any quick fixes or things I should check before taking it in? Oil levels were a little low on both sides but I added oil and still the same.

Also, is this common? Seems insane to me to have these major problems at 50 and 70 hours. Should i get it fixed and sell it? Seems like a lemon/POS...

Thanks in advance!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Lee3108

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Z535M with only 71 hours on it. The left side transmission went bad at about 50hrs and it was replaced under warranty. Today I was mowing for about ten minutes and then I got a bad vibration and the right side went out. It's under warranty but the dealer is an hour away. Any quick fixes or things I should check before taking it in? Oil levels were a little low on both sides but I added oil and still the same.

Also, is this common? Seems insane to me to have these major problems at 50 and 70 hours. Should i get it fixed and sell it? Seems like a lemon/POS...

Thanks in advance!
I have a 2018 z535m with a left side bad transmission with 110 hours. Looks to be a common issue. John Deere is not the quality machine it used to be. Over five grand new and now a thousand dollar issue. My cub cadet has 272 hours and only had to replace a deck spindle . I am sick over this. I still make payments on this green t.urd

txgunny

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2017 Z535M with 87 hours on it. Mowing this last weekend and the left side transmission failed to operate. Does anyone know the degree of difficulty on a rebuild...or what part to look for that may have failed? It would be helpful if there was a schematic of the transmission internals, but can't seem to find that either. John Deere does not have a rebuild kit for the transmission nor will they allow me to remove it, bring it to the dealer for them to repair...they "just sell new ones". I agree, 5K for the mower and now 1K to replace the transmission is a bit frustrating... to say the least.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

Last edited:

txgunny

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's great info y'all! Thank you!!