jd z225 dies when i try to engage blades

chips4sle

Threads
Then seat switch and the rest that circuit isn't being powered.

Does anyone here have access the wiring schematics for this JD unit? I hate hate to buy a $150+ manual for a non customer support issue as I haven't seen this particular JD my shop yet.
i found this does this help at all

Attachments

• Z225 Interlock Wiring.JPG
    Z225 Interlock Wiring.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 15

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sorry for the delay I had a busy afternoon is the shop and it is after dinner now. Going to bed after this post; it been a long day.

Okay provided this the right diagram. When the brake switch off (brake off) K2 receives 12v from SW1 [ignition switch] when the someone or something is on the seat switch [SW5]. The seat switch is the ground return for K2. When K2 is active and brake switch [SW4] is off the kill circuit is disabled. Otherwords either SW4 is not working correct, K2 is not working, or you have short to ground in the blue path. Note 605 wire don't count as it is grounded by the seat switch [SW5]. SW2 and SW3 only kills the engine if the brake [SW4] is set to park and they are pulled in from neutral.

With no voltage detected at the seat switch [SW5] it sounds like either the SW1 is bad or you have a bad electrical connection somewhere along the relay wiring path not allowing the K2 to receive the needed voltage.