JD X330 Mower Deck re-Install

MarkLuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
JD X330 Tractor newer. I am doing something wrong - not sure what. I have watched all the YouTube and see no solution.
I removed the JD snow blower for summer. I am re-installing the 42" mower deck for summer. FIRST TIME doing the change out... as you might guess.
Step 1 - slide under and attach front hanger. No issue. Check.
Step 2 - lower rear mounts bracket by pulling the mower deck pedal back. This is very very hard to pull back. Like use a ratchet strap.
Step 3 - insert load studs through the mower bracket and the lift bars and insert locking pins into the load studs. Check.
Step 4 - release the mower deck pedal to normal position. This elevates the deck spring loaded retracted to the top max position.

Here is the issue: Now that the deck is mounted. It is hard pinned to the top position tight. And the mower deck pedal is solid pulled down. Nothing will move, release or lower. The mower deck lock is mute point as the deck won't move anyway.
It is like I have something out of place and spring loaded the deck in up position. Turning the cut height does not seem to do anything.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks very much in advance!

gotomow

Threads
Step 2 should not require a ratchet strap. At least it didn't for me. I suggest you go through the manual for installing the deck again. I've done my x350 no issues.

gotomow

Threads
Removal and installation instructions indicate that the cutting height should be adjusted to the lowest position so take a look there first.

D

Deleted member 97405

You didnt adjust your lift assist spring. The spring is cranked up to account for the heavy snowblower. You have to adjust is back down when installing the deck since the deck weighs less than the blower. You will find a 13mm bolt in the front bumper of the tractor. There should also be instructions or a decal on the side of the tractor frame to show you what length to adjust the spring. If you don't adjust the spring, it will pin the deck in the transport position. I always adjust that spring before removing the snowblower so I don't have to fight the lift pedal when installing the deck. Hope this helps!