JD LT 445 W/ 22 HP Kawasaki Engine W/ Electronic Fuel Jnjction

LakeRat1

Threads
  • / JD LT 445 W/ 22 HP Kawasaki Engine W/ Electronic Fuel Jnjction
This Mower runs great when I start it up, go cut grass doing fine, after about 30 to 45 min it starts to lose some power & keeps getting worse making me slow down, if i stop & shut of the engine it will crank right back up, if i wait 15 sec and crank it back up it will run just fine for another 30 min of so, I posted about this problem some time back, i though it was fixed, i though it was a bad fuel cap vent, but when i mowed yesterday i left the cap lose, same problem, I have changed both coils & wires & Plugs, New fuel Filter, good fresh gas in tank, it is water cooled, not getting hot, I was wondering if it was getting vapor locked, but dont see any place that the line runs close to anything to get it hot, any help will be Great, this mower is a 2001 Model, I dont know if i should have posted this under small engine repair or not, i see some like to move thing around, OK with me if its in the Wrong Place

Rat

This Old Man Just Needs some Help>< Thanks

Dipper

Threads
This Mower runs great when I start it up, go cut grass doing fine, after about 30 to 45 min it starts to lose some power & keeps getting worse making me slow down, if i stop & shut of the engine it will crank right back up, if i wait 15 sec and crank it back up it will run just fine for another 30 min of so, I posted about this problem some time back, i though it was fixed, i though it was a bad fuel cap vent, but when i mowed yesterday i left the cap lose, same problem, I have changed both coils & wires & Plugs, New fuel Filter, good fresh gas in tank, it is water cooled, not getting hot, I was wondering if it was getting vapor locked, but dont see any place that the line runs close to anything to get it hot, any help will be Great, this mower is a 2001 Model, I dont know if i should have posted this under small engine repair or not, i see some like to move thing around, OK with me if its in the Wrong Place

Rat

This Old Man Just Needs some Help>< Thanks

Not sure if this will help but, when my 1998 445 started running funny I ended up taking the fuel pump out of the fuel tank and replacing a small hose on the fuel pump itself. About a $ 1.00 fix. The hose had a small slit in it.

LakeRat1

Threads
Thanks Dipper, I will pull the Fuel Pump & check that, It has to be something strange like that, as you Know none of the Fuel stuff is easy to get to, when I started looking for thr Fuel Filter I like to have had a FIT when i saw where it was,

Dipper

Threads
Thanks Dipper, I will pull the Fuel Pump & check that, It has to be something strange like that, as you Know none of the Fuel stuff is easy to get to, when I started looking for thr Fuel Filter I like to have had a FIT when i saw where it was,

Hi. I guess I should have told you where the fuel pump is located in the fuel tank. It is under the seat area. You'll have to remove the fenders and seat. After that it's easy to see and remove from the top of the tank. Again on mine the fuel pump itself has a small hose in the middle of it and that is where I found the slit. You will have to look close. I would put on a new piece of hose even if you don't think thats the problem. Hope that helps you.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
General fuel injection info...fuel pressure is greater than carb. Get a shop manual to find the fuel pressure procedure. If it is not correct , problems. Be careful , the higher pressures are dangerous and a fire hazard. Example of fuel pressures, car carb: 3 psi. car port fuel injection 45-80 psi, car direct injection ? 1500 psi. A split hose would cause problems.

LakeRat1

Threads
Thanks Dipper, Ya I saw the Pump when I had the Seat & fenders off when I changed the fuel filter, I will let you know what I find, I will just go ahead and replace what ever tubing I fine in there while I have it open,

Thanks Motoman, for the heads up on Possible Fire,, I saw this Happen first Hand a number year back, I had my Truck at a Shop to be checked out for some kind of Fuel Problem, they hooked up a Pressure Gauge and took it for a drive, They Burnt My truck to the Ground about a 1/2 mile down the Road, I will check out the pressure as you said,