Jd la145?

mystreba

Threads
My Craftsman GT5000 just blew a cylinder, and the new engine costs as much as a new tractor. So I'm looking around. So far, I have to say that the JD LA145 is looking to be about the best bet. Two acres, fairly smooth, some small hills. Hauling dirt and debris with a cart. The GT5000 handled it all with no problems whatsoever. Well, except for that blown cylinder and all.

Anyone out there with an LA145 that can share experiences? Anyone else done the shopping and have a reason to NOT buy the LA145? Budget is ~2k.

marinemech

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD L130 that has been no trouble at all for the last 5 years i have had it. Cuts the lawn really well.

jewalker33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hopefully I am not to late to stop you from buying the LA 145. I have one and the transmission died. Of course I had 30 hours more than the warranty covered. Apparently these are disposable transmission as you can not even change the fluid in them. I have been quoted at $600 to replace the transmission. Research shows me I would probably have to do it again in a few years. I am looking for a used mower at the same price instead. Good Luck

Texas Turtle

Threads
My JD dealer refers to all the L/LA series units as "cheapo junk". They will sell you one, but they will tell you not to expect more than 4 - 5 years use if you take good care of it. I bought a L130 and the transaxle died 5 years to the day after purchase, even though my dealer worked their butt off keeping it up, including extending the warranty by two weeks so they could replace the front axle and wheel spindles.