JD L110 Torq Tuff K46AW

wv109323

Threads
My father has a L110 mower that will barely pull itself forward. It sounds like the transaxle is in need of repair or replacement. It has the Torq Tuff K46AW transaxle. He will give me the mower. In today's economy is it worthwhile to attempt a repair?
I feel reasonably sure I can do the work myself but are parts reasonably priced? Can you buy individual parts or is it a Kit? Are there repair services that specialize in transaxle repair? What about transportation costs to ship a transaxle? Thanks to those that respond.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See page 4 for Traction Drive Belt & Idler Kit, install these after removing deck.
Scroll down page for Tech Information & Troubleshooting above website.
Call Tuff Torque if you need assistance, Tech Support are there to help.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are vids on utube showing how to do the rebuild. Here is a random Ebay link to a kit. Check your trans numbers at the TuffTorq site for the exact kit you need.
Do ya feel lucky?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would first check the drive belt and idlers for wear before blaming the hydro. Just a thought.

Tbone0106

Threads
I would first check the drive belt and idlers for wear before blaming the hydro. Just a thought.
And a very good thought it is!
Just last year, I bought a JD 300-series rider from a woman who was positive the transaxle was blown. I paid $200 for the tractor, put a new drive belt on it, pressure-washed the whole thing, and sold it for $850.