JD D140 seat safety switch

KDJD101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello: The wires leading to the seat safety switch are broken, and now the tractor will not start. I can order a new switch https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Seat-Switch-GY20073.html but I don't think that will fix the problem because it's the wire leading to the switch that is the problem. How can I disable the safety switch all together. I can't jam something into the switch to disable it because it's not connected by all the wires, and to splice and reconnect wires to switch doesn't appear possible. Any ideas ? Thank you !

winmod21

Threads
Hello: The wires leading to the seat safety switch are broken, and now the tractor will not start. I can order a new switch https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Seat-Switch-GY20073.html but I don't think that will fix the problem because it's the wire leading to the switch that is the problem. How can I disable the safety switch all together. I can't jam something into the switch to disable it because it's not connected by all the wires, and to splice and reconnect wires to switch doesn't appear possible. Any ideas ? Thank you !
Hello and welcome aboard, fellow 'Forum Newbie' =)) I've only been here for 13 days, but I figure that's long enough to welcome others !=))

I've read several times, here on this forum as well as at others, that it's never recommended or a good idea to disconnect, 'disable' and/or bypass the seat safety switch !:~\ i.e. - it's an important safety switch; there for a good reason; can be life/or limb saving &c.
So best to repair the broken wires, somehow. But I have no idea how. Maybe if you posted some pic's it could help. Or maybe if you remove your seat deck you'd then have more access to repair? Again, I don't know. But someone will hopefully swing by this thread who does. ;-)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I can't find a T140 mower on the US JD site.

The GY20073 switch is either a Delta 6444-03 or 6444-603 both are 2 pole switch that are Normal Closed, Normal Closed. The difference is one has an anti rotation notch on the mounting area.

1629932446259.png

KDJD101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello and welcome aboard, fellow 'Forum Newbie' =)) I've only been here for 13 days, but I figure that's long enough to welcome others !=))

I've read several times, here on this forum as well as at others, that it's never recommended or a good idea to disconnect, 'disable' and/or bypass the seat safety switch !:~\ i.e. - it's an important safety switch; there for a good reason; can be life/or limb saving &c.
So best to repair the broken wires, somehow. But I have no idea how. Maybe if you posted some pic's it could help. Or maybe if you remove your seat deck you'd then have more access to repair? Again, I don't know. But someone will hopefully swing by this thread who does. ;-)
Thank you for your response. I made a typo....The JD lawn tractor is a D140. A friend spliced the wires together so I could jump start it ( battery was dead ). After it started it would not go forward although the mower deck worked. :( Thanks again !

Attachments

• 20210726_065553002.jpg
    20210726_065553002.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 5

KDJD101

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't find a T140 mower on the US JD site.

The GY20073 switch is either a Delta 6444-03 or 6444-603 both are 2 pole switch that are Normal Closed, Normal Closed. The difference is one has an anti rotation notch on the mounting area.

View attachment 58074
Thank you for your response and the diagram. I made a typo its a D140. A friend spliced the wires back together but now it won't move forward.

Attachments

• 20210726_065553002.jpg
    20210726_065553002.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 0

winmod21

Threads
Thank you for your response. I made a typo....The JD lawn tractor is a D140. A friend spliced the wires together so I could jump start it ( battery was dead ). After it started it would not go forward although the mower deck worked. :( Thanks again !
Thank you for your response and the diagram. I made a typo its a D140. A friend spliced the wires back together but now it won't move forward.
Is it still not moving?