Repairs JD 325 Lights Don't Work

toystwo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have power at both headlight sockets with the lights switched on or off. Charging system is outputting properly. What is my next troubleshooting step?

Thanks in advance

PJ

Threads
I have power at both headlight sockets with the lights switched on or off. Charging system is outputting properly. What is my next troubleshooting step?

Thanks in advance

If you check for power are you checking for power negative and positve at the globe socket? If not do so. Also see if the contact point is touching the globes contact. If you say you have power with swith on or of then you probably have your ground temanal elswhere on the system

PJ

toystwo

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you check for power are you checking for power negative and positve at the globe socket? If not do so. Also see if the contact point is touching the globes contact. If you say you have power with swith on or of then you probably have your ground temanal elswhere on the system

PJ

I show juice at both sides of the socket where a black wire runs into one side and a yellow wire runs into the other. I previously bent the small piece of metal up (slightly) that contacts the bottom of the bulb - I don't think that is the problem.

PJ

Threads

Thanks in advance

Does not make sense power ok contacts ok! I can then say replace globes. Must be 12 volt

Good luck
PJ

toystwo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does not make sense power ok contacts ok! I can then say replace globes. Must be 12 volt

Good luck
PJ
Both bulbs are new from same package.

PJ

Threads
Both bulbs are new from same package.

If you say you have 12V power at the contacts of the globes and the contacts are OK the lights must burn. Try and take the globes across 12V battery with a piece of wire to confirm if they light up

PJ

toystwo

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you say you have 12V power at the contacts of the globes and the contacts are OK the lights must burn. Try and take the globes across 12V battery with a piece of wire to confirm if they light up

PJ

Bulb is confirmed working by jumping thru battery. Why do I have power at both positive and negative with the light switch off or on. How is the light switch actually functioning?

toystwo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: I removed the connector from the headlight switch and wired it direct to the battery. The headlights worked. I presume the switch must be bad?

Mwh0428

Threads
Ya I would say that the switch is bad. See if you have another switch laying around that you could use to just rig up to make sure the old one is bad.

PJ

Threads
Ya I would say that the switch is bad. See if you have another switch laying around that you could use to just rig up to make sure the old one is bad.

yes but in a previos mail you said that you get power weather the swith is in an om or off poition that means the switch failed in an on state. I agree replace the swith but in theory now you should be able to swith off the lights.