Jd 2011 112hrs

Richonhildurcrest

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alright pros, how much should I pay with bagger in average condition . Thanks in advance
Jd d140 year 2011 112 hrs

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
If everything operates properly while driving & tires are not dry rotted or leaking down. Also check oil level on dipstick & color of oil, should not be black, & air filter condition, $200-$400.

Richonhildurcrest

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wait really? I’ve never seen one with a bagger for for than 1000? Where could I find that??

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
If possible I'd try it out with it all warmed up and see if it will go in reverse or pull itself up a hill. Not my post here:

I purchased a D140 JD riding mower 3 years ago, it has 82 hours on it and will no longer go up hills. When I bought it, I didn't know the questions I should ask and my local JD dealer didn't ask me anything to get the right fit for me. Now, I have an expensive lawn ornament. I have about 3-4 acres of lawn with about 1/3 of it having slopes of 15-30 degrees. If I had known this mower was not appropriate for my needs, I would not have bought it. I didn't know what I should have been asking. I replaced the traction drive belt and a damaged V idler pulley in case that was causing the lack of power on the slopes. It barely made a difference. I paid $2000 for it and it would appear that this is commonplace that I have the wrong mower for the wrong job. I've been told that the tranny is "sealed" but that some have been able to remove them to add a different weight oil to the unit. I think that may be beyond what I can handle doing. I bought it from a local JD dealer so that I would have access to a reliable source when I needed them. That may have been my first mistake...only as strong as the weakest link. I've heard replacing the tran will easily be in the ballpark of $1600, I can't get it to the dealer so would have to have it picked up...selling it, I'm sure, would not give me much more than pocket change. Any suggestions out there on what to do next? Or which mower to go with? Needless to say, I highly doubt that the next machine will be a JD

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
The JD D140 was sold at big box stores, I would stay away if possible & purchase from a dealer between $4000-$6000 for a new tractor with a locking differential & a twin cylinder engine, or have a friend who knows tractors go with you when looking at used tractors.

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Basically look underneath the back of the mower and look for an oil filter on the transmission.