ISX3300 Starter Problem

WACrawford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Three weeks ago, I had to replace the starter. (You had to turn the key several times before the starter would engage.) Two days ago, a new problem occurred. There are two things going on. First, the mower can be started even with no one sitting on it. Second, after starting, the starter is not disengaging.

Everything I've been able to find online suggests that the starter not disengaging, and being able to start the mower, with no one on the seat, indicates a short in the safety wiring harness (i.e., seat occupied switch, seat down switch, PTO switch, parking brake switch). If that's the case, why is the starter not engaging when you put the key in the "run" position?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am quite familiar with automotive (direct current) wiring but would like some idea of where to start testing. I really don't want to completely unhook the wiring harnesses, to look for a short.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please supply us with the full model and serial numbers for the unit so we can find a schematic for your unit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
here is just a few of the different versions of the ISX3300 that got figure which you have.
1725059856895.png