IS2000Z - Few different questions//issues

Centex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got my parents old is2000z 61”. Has ~495hrs on it. They recently (last week) had the right hydro unit replaced because the original blew up. Went to mow with it for the first time since and reverse doesn’t work on the right side. Any thoughts before I adjust the stop bolts on the handle?

Also, the left handle has more resistance on it than the right one. That a factor of the new vs old pumps or is there something else to check?

With both handles in the park position and the brake released, the unit creeps forward. Any clue what could be causing that?

I will say, this 15yr old machine puts my 3yr old snapper 42” to shame. The ride alone makes it worth fixing a few things. Like welding up the hole in the deck and welding on some angle iron to add the pulley cover back on. Really I need to drop the deck and give it a good wire wheel and paint job. Mom and dad were good about oil changes but not much else. Good thing I’m handy with mechanic work.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes you are Blessed to have a nice piece of machinery, let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark.

Centex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bump up.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Mis-adjustment of linkages can creeping also since it is creeping forward it may also be the cause of little to no reverse.

Stiff control arm maybe a bad damper. Just replace both dampers on a Tiger Cat that were so stiff you could barely move the arms. Also the arm pivot point maybe binding.