Export thread

Is this Toro GTS a 2-stroke?

Mow'N Weeds

Mow'N Weeds

This popped up today while I was at work (of course) so I couldn't go grab it, but does this look like a 2-stroke model?

Attachments

Mow'N Weeds

Mow'N Weeds

To answer my own question - It is/was. Suzuki 2-cycle, alum deck. Someone scored a nice mower. Found a vid of one like it.

tom3

tom3

Sure looks like it, and the recoil starter does have what looks like 2 cycle on it.

R

Rivets

It could be a 2 or 4 cycle engine, they look very similar. Post the mowers model and serial numbers and I check what you have. The Suzuki engine was probably the best engine Toro ever put on their mowers. With proper service will out last that cast deck.

cpurvis

cpurvis

It's a 2-cycle. I've got one just like it. I wish they were still made.

tom3

tom3

I remember back in the day the Suzuki motors had roller bearings everywhere, well built and run forever.

R

Rivets

Had my Toro with a 4-cycle Suzuki for 22 years. Got rid of it 3 years ago, due to health reasons. Gave it to a young married couple who needed a mower and it’s still going strong as I serviced it this spring.

Mow'N Weeds

Mow'N Weeds

It could be a 2 or 4 cycle engine, they look very similar. Post the mowers model and serial numbers and I check what you have. The Suzuki engine was probably the best engine Toro ever put on their mowers. With proper service will out last that cast deck.
Don't have either. It was listed with just the 1 pic and said it hadn't run in years. FREE. I really wanted it. Then after hearing one run in the video, I wanted it more. Sounds a bit like an F. Maybe even an F & Duraforce cross, just not quite the Duraforce burble.
Had my Toro with a 4-cycle Suzuki for 22 years. Got rid of it 3 years ago, due to health reasons. Gave it to a young married couple who needed a mower and it’s still going strong as I serviced it this spring.
That's pretty cool. Well built for sure!

R

Rob Stone

Do not see an oil dipstick in the photo so most likely a two stroke.