Is this a good buy?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My father in law has done a fair bit of research for me too and assures me they will be interchangeable. He is a well educated man so I do trust his word.

THat is good to know...I would trust the word of a close relative over the word of a sales associate at Sears....:thumbsup:

Madi

Threads
I find sales associates tend to tell you things you want to hear in order to assure the purchase. I bought a dvd player once and asked if it played AVI's and burnt movies, they assured me it did, when I got it home it did not!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find sales associates tend to tell you things you want to hear in order to assure the purchase. I bought a dvd player once and asked if it played AVI's and burnt movies, they assured me it did, when I got it home it did not!

They sometimes do that, and if I catch one stretching the truth or distorting the facts I tell them so and will refuse to do business with them any longer. Back in 2005 I was planning to buy my first laptop at Best Buy, the store was offering a special promotion of 10% off your first purchase if you used their credit card, I was planning to buy a $1200 Sony laptop, asked the sales associate if the discount would be good on the model I wanted and he said yes. Well I spent a half hour getting approved for their card, went back to purchase and the associate told me "I was wrong, the discount is NOT good on a computer, but I was giving you a good price so...." well I told him off REALLY nasty, talked to the manager of his department and complained, then went back to the front counter and cancelled my new card and spoke with assistant manager and told him exactly why they were not getting my business. Saw the same salesguy at Best Buy about a year later, I was in Camera section, he asked if he could help me I told him F-OFF you liar, and then he remembered me.

mystreba

Threads
To the OP - sounds like the tractor for you. Although I'd think twice about trusting a well-educated person :wink:

I told him F-OFF you liar, and then he remembered me.

Anyone can make a mistake. The issue was with the management - they should have made it right for you.

Problem with a sales associate -- I'll shop the store.
Problem with the management -- I'll shop elsewhere.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
To the OP - sounds like the tractor for you. Although I'd think twice about trusting a well-educated person :wink:

Anyone can make a mistake. The issue was with the management - they should have made it right for you.

Problem with a sales associate -- I'll shop the store.
Problem with the management -- I'll shop elsewhere.

The management DIDN'T make it right for me...had they given me the 10% discount their associate had claimed applied to my prospective purchase they would have got my business. THEIR LOSS.

mystreba

Threads
The management DIDN'T make it right for me...had they given me the 10% discount their associate had claimed applied to my prospective purchase they would have got my business. THEIR LOSS.

That's what I don't get - reward bad management by returning to the store; punish a mistake by taking it out on the sales associate.

Anyway, I get your original point - caveat emptor. Don't take the word of a sales associate. Good advice to the OP.

Madi

Threads
We are going to pick up our mower this weekend. I am so excited about it. We have a very big lawn and I am so happy not to have to cut it with a push mower for the most of it, just the edges and stuff.

benski

Threads
Oh boy!:biggrin:Keep your blades sharp and enjoy your new toy!