Is something missing?

Digit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
I have a Lawnflite 603, model number 13DH473C611 (2007) and have lost all drive, mower stopped moving while cutting grass. The speed control knob is now flapping in the wind with no tension. I am sure there is a rod or spring missing from the plate that is attached to the control lever. Also, where would the rod/spring be attached to at the other end? Can you help please.

Digit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply Rivets,

I’ve seen the diags before but still confused.
looking at the speed control diagram, I have all the components,
speed control bar swivels on bolt 5 through bracket 15, bot 5 connects to bar 14.
Bar 14 doesn’t move. Speed control bar has the plate on the end with a slot which ferrule 3 slides through. Ferrule 3 connects to bar 13. Bar 13 doesn’t move.
surely there is another bar, possibly connected to one of the plate holes, which would move up and down, that connects with a pulley to engage with the drive belt?
cheers

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More questions than answers. First you say you have all components, but then you think you are missing a rod or spring. If you have all components then you have to crawl under the unit and identify each against the diagram and where they go. This is a slow tedious task, especially if you are new to repairs. Second, are both belts tight? If one is loose you may have the tensioner mounted wrong, which may be causing the problem, not holding the adjuster tight. Third, you must identify what moves to apply tension on the belt to adjust speed.