is a Lawnboy Gold series 10515 model worth fixing?

ladyearth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought it used a while back. never ran right. if at all. Hubby tried lots of stuff. Is it worth taking to a local shop to be worked on? I like the part that its an aluminum deck thanks all

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Parts for F engined Lawn-Boys are getting harder (and more expensive) to come by.

I'd check the compression (minimum 90 PSI) to see if it's worth the effort to invest more time and money in.

2 cycle engines are extremely simple in design, and if it's got decent compression, it should run good. If it doesn't it's usually a carb issue, assuming it's got good spark.

Regards

Jeff

ladyearth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Parts for F engined Lawn-Boys are getting harder (and more expensive) to come by.

I'd check the compression (minimum 90 PSI) to see if it's worth the effort to invest more time and money in.

2 cycle engines are extremely simple in design, and if it's got decent compression, it should run good. If it doesn't it's usually a carb issue, assuming it's got good spark.

Regards

Jeff

Jeff and others I finally had Hubby and I take it to someone in this small county to work on it. well they called and said its ready. $63.00. I go today before they closed to pick it up. As the gal was bringing it out to me I asked that I see it start. well she was a lot younger than me and she couldnt get it to start. The cord is so hard to pull.
Hubby should have went with me.
Well she called out a guy ..he couldnt start it either. They said it had a choke button on handle,,, yeah I saw it Our older LBs. all previously... had a push button to prime the engine. I remember.
they pushed it back to the back area. Later saw her come out saying it needed a carb gasket. since its an old mower parts hard to come by. So I told her I would check back next week. So disappointed. Hubby says "leave it there ... junk it it s hard to pull cord.., etc"""" It about pulled his shoulder out of whack when we bought it used and he tried lots to get it going sev yrs ago. So Hubby gave up and let it sit in shed.

I say "heck no it has an alum deck and a lot easier to push back into and up hill into the garage...." i dont wanna give up so easily.
Now I meant to ask the mechnic that SUPPOSEDLY worked on it. What he did to it...
so the saga continues.. Thanks all
I wanna it to work... Im hard headed....

Russ2251

Threads
These engines are never hard to pull over unless something is (almost always) obviously wrong.
Is blade properly secured to PTO?
Possibly cylinder is filled with fuel causing a hydro-locked condition? Check float and needle.
Is flywheel key intact?
Is CDI/flywheel properly gapped?

earnest t bass

Threads
this model should be easy to push anyway 10515 is self propelled. if it wont start more than likely it is ignition coil. also check spark plug. my money is on ignition coil

anitajoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ignition coils are cheap. I like that idea.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if she ever got it running?

javjacob

Threads
These mowers are more than worth fixing up. Way better than any new mower.

intruder1500

Threads
I have 2 10525's. Best mowers I've ever had.