Introduction

peteski59

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I appreciate all the great advice on this blog!!
I have two Craftsman Tractors, DYT4000 21hp v-twin Bob Villa Sig. edition which runs awesome but won't mow. I've replaced deck clutch saf. Switch as well as seat switch but still kills engine when engaging PTO. PTO works just fine when checking with engine off, PTO switch works as it should in wiring diagram. Model # 917.274040.
My second one is a LT1000, 18hp Intek engine threw a rod and I replaced with an older 18.5hp twin II. Works and mows great although it really uses a lot of fuel. I would like to know how the governor should work properly as this engine seems to run slower than last and doesn't rev when under load. Eng mod # is 42A707 Type 1238 01 code 9601245B. Thanks for letting me join!!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I am moving your thread over to the Craftsman section to see if we can get you some answers.

Mikel1

Threads
If you take belt off clutch pulley temporarily does it still shutoff? If it does then try giving it some choke.
You can look at Briggs site for governor info.

peteski59

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I took the belt off and it still dies when pulling the PTO switch on. Tried to choke but that did nothing! Any new ideas? This mower has new clutch / brake safety switch, added the small wiring update recommended by Sears tech bulletin.