Export thread

Introduction

52water

52water

Hello every:smile:eek:ne,
Just getting around to introducing myself. I use the name (52water). I happened to come across this forum while searching for some mower info and realy enjoyed reading all the posts from a really nice group of people.
I am a 74 year old retired coal miner that likes to tinker and modify stuff. I have 3 old riding mowers, 1 DR field an brush mower, 4 push mowers, 1 Rototiller, 1 Generator, 1 Log splitter, 1 Mortar mixer. and several other projects that are incomplete. All of these items have 4 cycle engines which i have converted over to use Propane. Seems like with having all these mowers and other items that i was continually cleaning and rebuilding fuel systems and dealing with stale gasoline. I found it easy to convert to propane on these small engines and i never looked back after the first one. I will eventually get around to taking some pictures of some of my cobbled together conversions and posting them.
I was wondering if anyone else is using Propane to power there small engines. If so, it would be nice to hear about them.
Cheers.

okiepc

okiepc

WOW, I would like to see some pictures of your setups, very interesting, how did you convert these over to propane? By the way :welcome:

52water

52water

Hi okiepc,
Once you do the first one and get a feel for it, you will find that it's no big deal.
I started by getting a kit for the first one. After that i decided that i could use a variety of junk parts for a lot of what i needed. The main parts that you will need is the regulators. You can also get the parts and run it on dual fuel if you like. Take a look at this site. Generator Conversion Kits to Propane and Natural Gas. . That's where i got started and found that they proved to be reliable. You don't have to buy a kit from them if you just want parts. I bought all my regulators from them. Seemed to be the most reasonable so far will talk to there customers about what you need. Just looking over there site will give you some idea about propane conversions. What got me looking at propane was when we had a power outage and i went to run my generator to pump our well. I hadn't run the generator for several months and the gasoline went bad and clogged the fuel system. By the time i got it going the power was back on and i started looking at my options.Once i found thay you could leave propane set around for years and it would still be fine, well you know the rest. Lots of info on the internet about converting. Don't let it scare you. Its really not a big deal. Another thing i like is, You can use the parts over again on another conversion if needed. I'll take some pictures soon.

okiepc

okiepc

52water, thanks for the link, I will visit now, again thanks.:thumbsup:

txzrider

txzrider

Wow... welcome to the group, I am still pretty new myself. I look forward to seeing your pictures. I was just the other day looking at outboard engines that had been converted to propane!

52water

52water

I posted a few pictures today in the photo section.
I'll take a few more later.
Still getting used to this forum.