Introduction from Kenwurth, in NZ

Kenwurth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there, had Lawnmower and Chainsaw Service shop some 40 years ago ... still play around with mowers etc.

Live on a lifestyle block (< 1 acre) and have other lifestyle block (1acre+) and have (at the moment) just 4 mowers ... an old side delivery Masport with 5hp B&S; a 2.5hp (2 stroke) Victa side delivery (have shaped wooden mulch plugs for each); a Honda Rear Delivery Catcher with V16hp; and Kubota OF2100 with 72" side eject deck.

Have found an answer to Honda V16hp twin "hunting" ... will share with anyone interested.

Chherz 4 now, Kenwurth

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hey Kenwurth... welcome to the forum! I think you might be one of the first (if not the first) registered member here from NZ. I've got a couple of friends originally from NZ. Nice folks. :wink: Hope you enjoy your stay here at LMF. :thumbsup:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi there, had Lawnmower and Chainsaw Service shop some 40 years ago ... still play around with mowers etc.

Live on a lifestyle block (< 1 acre) and have other lifestyle block (1acre+) and have (at the moment) just 4 mowers ... an old side delivery Masport with 5hp B&S; a 2.5hp (2 stroke) Victa side delivery (have shaped wooden mulch plugs for each); a Honda Rear Delivery Catcher with V16hp; and Kubota OF2100 with 72" side eject deck.

Have found an answer to Honda V16hp twin "hunting" ... will share with anyone interested.

Chherz 4 now, Kenwurth

Yes I'm interested...and I'd like to know what a "lifestyle block" is too.

Kenwurth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I'm interested...and I'd like to know what a "lifestyle block" is too.

There is a little rubber tube (under airfilter) which vents to atmosphere ... if it is not in place perished or whatever, 'pressure' air from cooling fan affects the static pressure over the little diaphragm, mixture leans right off and one has quite pronounced hunting across entire rev range ... vent tube must come out well under bottom of crankcase level. Do nothing else just put this tube back on properly and your 'hunting' will disappear.

"Lifestyle block" mmmmm??? "Hobby Farm" how does that sound.

Cheerz

Kenwurth