Export thread

Intek 6.5hp Carburettor Problems

R

rafbloke

Hi, a newbie here hoping there is someone out there who can help with a carb issue I'm having. I have a high-quality, old cylinder lawnmower with an Intek engine, which had been left standing for a long time and the carb was completely corroded inside. I replaced it with an aftermarket part, but every time I turn on the fuel valve, the carb floods and fills the intake and cylinder with fuel. It's a brand new carb, so I'm pretty sure the needle valve is in good condition, but I am planning to strip is down this weekend to check. The question I have is that one site I have seen states that with some of these replacement carbs there can be flooding issues due to some sort of venting of the carb, which I don't understand, and that a new intake may be required. Does anyone know what this venting issue is? I have tried to buy a replacement Briggs & Stratton carb (#591925) but they don't make them anymore and I can't find a supplier with any stock. For info, here is some other info for the engine: Serial #: 123437-0119-E1, Date Code: 000707FD. Very grateful for any advice/hints/tips/tricks - thanks.

I

ILENGINE

The venting issue is due to the change of the carb which has a different location for the bowl vent which required the replacement of the air filter backing plate that corresponded with the new carb vent location.

R

rafbloke

Thanks for the quick reply. I've not heard of this before have you got any other info on why the bowl vent causes the carb to flood? Also, if I need to replace the intake, do you know the part number I need to find?

I

ILENGINE

Thanks for the quick reply. I've not heard of this before have you got any other info on why the bowl vent causes the carb to flood? Also, if I need to replace the intake, do you know the part number I need to find
The picture in this attachment shows the vent that causes people issues. https://www.amazon.com/Carbhub-Carb...&qid=1729014654&sprefix=591925,aps,143&sr=8-1

The vent is the hole in the right upper corner of the mounting surface for the air cleaner base. That hole has to line up with the hole in the air cleaner mounting base. Should be part number 697030 https://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-stratton-697030/

R

rafbloke

Thanks again - I'll have a good look at this over the weekend and let you know how things go.

A

Auto Doc's

Thanks again - I'll have a good look at this over the weekend and let you know how things go.
Verify the housing gasket was put on correctly to line up with the vent hole.

R

rafbloke

Verify the housing gasket was put on correctly to line up with the vent hole.
Will do - thanks.