Information on a John Deere Green Star Riding mower Please

Greenstar

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Information on a John Deere Green Star Riding mower Please
Like the title says I need all the information I can get on a John Deere Riding Lawnmower. I could only find a few pictures of it and its called Green Star. I will provide the Image of it below, keep in mind this picture isn't of the one I have and this one is fully restored. I would like as much information as you guys can provide because all I know about it at the moment is that its By John Deere Its 8 HP and Its called Green Star that's it. IMG_0802.jpg If you guys can I would also like some information on where I can acquire some Decals for this particular mower. Thank you in advance for all the information!

Nwatson99

Threads
I don't think that mower was made by John Deere, JD is really fussy about their name.
I think and shooting from the hip here it was a old company made mower like craftsman, murray, briggs, or something like that and you could buy them at sears if I am not mistaking.
It has been many years since I remember seeing a mower like that, a friend's dad of mine had one rotting away in their barn.

Greenstar

Forum Newbie
Threads

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I contacted Star lawn mower Inc. and they said that this is a mower that they did not produce and didn't have any information about the mower. I did go and get the serial and model numbers for the mower, Model # 52852000-DC4, Serial # 6-274385, and the engine model #190707
need type xxxx and code xx from engine.

Greenstar

Forum Newbie
Threads
need type xxxx and code xx from engine.
oh im sorry, 190707 5131 01 is the full number. I had it separated and forgot to mention the other numbers terribly sorry about that. Thanks for replying so quickly though.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
oh im sorry, 190707 5131 01 is the full number. I had it separated and forgot to mention the other numbers terribly sorry about that. Thanks for replying so quickly though.

You're welcome, Briggs & Stratton engine? If it's a B&S engine the numbers do not correlate. I searched B&S websites with numbers and nothing came up.

Greenstar

Forum Newbie
Threads
You're welcome, Briggs & Stratton engine? If it's a B&S engine the numbers do not correlate. I searched B&S websites with numbers and nothing came up.
Nothing came up for us as well when we searched the engine numbers, but the engine has a Briggs & Stratton engine 8 Hp (has a sticker on the top of it) I have also talked to a dealer and called the Star Inc. Company and no one knows/has any information on the mower (which baffles me!) I am however going to continue to search for any information and if you happen to come across on any I would greatly appreciate you getting back to me! thanks!