In search of a LB 5275 mulch plate.

Sconnie1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have an all original 1977 model 5275 19” with a side discharge and want to convert to a mulch plate. Toro customer service says I need part #86892. This mulch plate is supposed to fit all 19” staggered wheeled Lawn Boys from 1972 forward.
I purchased a 86892 online and the fit is absolutely terrible. I can loosen the two existing deck plate set screws to accept the mulch plate, but the plate doesn't completely cover the deck as the original top plate did, leaving areas of the deck exposed.
The 86892 has in black print the words of Power Mulch on top of the plate, whereas part #868892 has Easy Mulch written in top of the plate.
Can a 5275 accept a mulch plate and if so, what would be that part # or where one can be purchaed?
Thank you in advance!
Appreciatively,
Sconnie1959

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The numbers you posted are all screwed up. I think the part number you need is 898862. Do a search with this number and see if it looks different than the part you got.

Sconnie1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have an all original 1977 model 5275 19” with a side discharge and want to convert to a mulch plate. Toro customer service says I need part #86892. This mulch plate is supposed to fit all 19” staggered wheeled Lawn Boys from 1972 forward.
I purchased a 86892 online and the fit is absolutely terrible. I can loosen the two existing deck plate set screws to accept the mulch plate, but the plate doesn't completely cover the deck as the original top plate did, leaving areas of the deck exposed.
The 86892 has in black print the words of Power Mulch on top of the plate, whereas part #868892 has Easy Mulch written in top of the plate.
Can a 5275 accept a mulch plate and if so, what would be that part # or where one can be purchaed?
Thank you in advance!
Appreciatively,
Sconnie1959
Thanks Rivets. The 6 should have been a 9 in my part numbers communication. Didn’t have my glasses on so can now see (with glasses on) that I mis-typed. The part number you gave me was a part number also given to me and that is the mulch plate for newer 19” decks, which still would fit, but fit terribly by leaving parts of the deck exposed. These mulch plates are narrow in width and the original deck plate (non-mulching) is wider and covers up the mower deck so much more.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll bet if you bought the plate off FleaBay someone repackaged a different plate and sold it to you

Sconnie1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ll bet if you bought the plate off FleaBay someone repackaged a different plate and sold it to you
I would hope that wasn’t the case. That’s why I reached out to knowledgeable experts as I was quite disappointed in the fit of this 19” mulch plate. I was hoping someone on this forum might have the correct plate that I could purchase and return the plate I just purchased off eBay.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your best bet is to go to your local Toro dealer with the units model and serial numbers and have them order you the correct part. If it doesn’t fit they should not charge you as they looked up and ordered the correct part.

Sconnie1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your best bet is to go to your local Toro dealer with the units model and serial numbers and have them order you the correct part. If it doesn’t fit they should not charge you as they looked up and ordered the correct part.
Good advice. 89862 is no longer available through Toro so yet another reason why I reached out to this forum to see if anyone had one. Thanks Rivets.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can I would take the mower and mulch plate along, so they can see the model and serial numbers, plus why you say you have the wrong one.