Impressed with 2024 XT2 GX54D!

JayD159

Forum Newbie
Threads
I dont post here often but figured I should since I couldnt find much info on this model. I decided my old John Deere 48" was getting a little long in the tooth. At first I was all in on a new Deere X390 but man I was struggling with that price tag. I decided to do a little more shopping. A local dealer that I frequent is a Husq/CC dealer. I went and took a look and decided to pull the trigger on a GX54D. I know it doesnt have some of the luxuries the X390 has but all of the important stuff, Power, Transmission, etc were as good or better then the double the priced Deere. I had to wait 2 weeks for the machine to come in and am still waiting on the bagger and stripe kit.
I now have 5.2 hours on it and I have to say that I am very impressed!! The machine looks great, its reasonably comfortable, has good power, nice big tires, a super tight turning radius, and does it ever cut nice! The deck spreads material very well.
I mow about 4 acres. I have a Ferris 61" 2100z with the 28hp efi Vanguard to mow about 3 of it and use the CC to cut about an acre around the house. As of now, id say the Cub Cadet might even cut a little bit nicer then my Ferris! I cant wait to see how it looks with the stripe kit on. Obviously ride quality and speed go to my Ferris and its a much heavier built commercial machine but the price tag reflected that as well. Overall though I wanted to post how happy I am with the new Cub. I belive it was the highest model they offer for 2024 but half the cost of a Deere with comparable components. Id recommend one!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I dont post here often but figured I should since I couldnt find much info on this model. I decided my old John Deere 48" was getting a little long in the tooth. At first I was all in on a new Deere X390 but man I was struggling with that price tag. I decided to do a little more shopping. A local dealer that I frequent is a Husq/CC dealer. I went and took a look and decided to pull the trigger on a GX54D. I know it doesnt have some of the luxuries the X390 has but all of the important stuff, Power, Transmission, etc were as good or better then the double the priced Deere. I had to wait 2 weeks for the machine to come in and am still waiting on the bagger and stripe kit.
I now have 5.2 hours on it and I have to say that I am very impressed!! The machine looks great, its reasonably comfortable, has good power, nice big tires, a super tight turning radius, and does it ever cut nice! The deck spreads material very well.
I mow about 4 acres. I have a Ferris 61" 2100z with the 28hp efi Vanguard to mow about 3 of it and use the CC to cut about an acre around the house. As of now, id say the Cub Cadet might even cut a little bit nicer then my Ferris! I cant wait to see how it looks with the stripe kit on. Obviously ride quality and speed go to my Ferris and its a much heavier built commercial machine but the price tag reflected that as well. Overall though I wanted to post how happy I am with the new Cub. I belive it was the highest model they offer for 2024 but half the cost of a Deere with comparable components. Id recommend one!
If you have a Ferris zero turn, why would you even start a Cub Cadet and use it. Total apples to oranges. Once you use a zero turn there is no going back to a steering wheel.

JayD159

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lol. I see what youre saying and agree that its somewhat apples to oranges. I am only using the Ferris as a reference point more then anything. As I said though, I bought the Cub to pull a few implements, and just do a bit of cutting around the house. The Ferris cuts at twice the speed, uses less fuel doing it, and rides like a Cadillac in comparison but the little Cub leaves a fantastic cut and is VERY impressive for what it is. Will see how it holds up.