I'm not positive on my Model number!!!! UUGGHHH

TonyB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I'm new and stumbled onto the site. My issue is the model number has rubbed off and I am not 100% sure what the number is. I have a LTX 1000, Craftsman 42inch rider. It has the 20hp intek twin, OHV, Briggs and Stratton. I do have some of the number, but unsure of the last 4. What I have is/ 917.27????. I spoke with someone at Sears and he thought it was 917.272460. So I ordered parts with him. 2 push rods, intake and exhaust valves, head gasket. After getting off the phone with them , I tried to look up the number he googled, and a 21.5 hp briggs popped up with that number. SO, is there anybody out there that has this rider or knows what number it may be. The number he found is 917.272460. Thanks guys and or gals, Happy Mowing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are ordering just engine parts and not tractor parts, all you need are the numbers off the engine. You can take those to any good repair shop and get the parts you need.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum, Tony! :welcome:

I am moving your thread to the Craftsman section for further discussion. Best of luck with identifying that model number!

TonyB

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are ordering just engine parts and not tractor parts, all you need are the numbers off the engine. You can take those to any good repair shop and get the parts you need.

I tried that also, but could not find a plate with the model number on it. Thank for the advice though.

TonyB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum, Tony! :welcome:

I am moving your thread to the Craftsman section for further discussion. Best of luck with identifying that model number!

Thanks for the Welcoming. I did manage to figure out the number. I kept adding and moving numbers around on the sears site and got really lucky and found my mower. Yeah Baby. LOL

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are stamped in the shroud, one of three places. Area where the shroud covers the head, baffle over the muffler or side of the shroud.