I'm Done with the "Buy American" discussions!

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
So would you like Paper or Plastic! :confused2: :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh, brother....now we can get into an environmental debate.......:laughing:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I love it!:laughing::laughing::biggrin:

mystreba

Threads
Now do you guys only want to have "discussions" with people who agree with you? That's not a discussion - that's just "bi#ching"!

I never learned a thing by discussing a topic with someone who agreed with me.

Jetblast

Threads
Now do you guys only want to have "discussions" with people who agree with you? That's not a discussion - that's just "bi#ching"!

I never learned a thing by discussing a topic with someone who agreed with me.

Overrated: Political discussions.

Underrated: Bitching.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Overrated: Political discussions.

Underrated: Bitching.

The status-quo isn't my bag, and the only way things change is by arguing about it, till the best idea is the last one standing.

Whining or bitching doesn't do anyone any good - just raises your blood pressure for nothing.

BTW, I'll take paper - their stronger, and hold more. :biggrin: You can start your burn pile with them when you're done, too.

Jetblast

Threads
The status-quo isn't my bag, and the only way things change is by arguing about it, till the best idea is the last one standing.

Whining or bitching doesn't do anyone any good - just raises your blood pressure for nothing.

BTW, I'll take paper - their stronger, and hold more. :biggrin: You can start your burn pile with them when you're done, too.

Not arguing about politics doesn't infer satisfaction with the status quo, it just means you're better behaved than most. We pay politicians to do our fighting for us and if they can't get it done, there are more meaningful ways of taking action.

Debates on internet forums have no meaning and accomplish nothing. At least not for me. Maybe you've been enlightened or persuaded to think differently, but all I see is the same old stuff regurgitated by both sides ad nauseum. No one on this, or any forum has surprised me with anything yet. The daily world news is where the real surprises lay, for better or for worse.

In social settings I rarely get into money, sex, politics, or religion. There's an old saying about that, and there's a good reason for it to be an old saying. It's the same reason most internet forums prohibit such discussions. Not sure why I jumped in today, but it's always interesting to see how far these threads can go before someone takes the inevitable dump in the punchbowl.

mystreba

Threads
Not sure why I jumped in today, but it's always interesting to see how far these threads can go

Glad you jumped in! I found [most of] your viewpoints enlightening. :smile:

Jetblast

Threads
Glad you jumped in! I found [most of] your viewpoints enlightening. :smile:

Thank you. I prefer plastic shopping bags over paper, because they allow me to carry a deadly dangerous amount of groceries into the house by looping a bag around each finger, and I have a special dog pooper scooper that's designed to use them. Sorry, I didn't have a good segue to use between those two thoughts.

Mini Motors

Threads
I would disagree. Certainly people who weigh in on a subject rarely will change their minds, but what about the spectators? Certainly any thread gets more viewers the participants. I find it hard to believe that anyone hasn't had the epiphany "I never thought of that".