I need some insight, please.

Frost_618

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,
So I'm trying to decide between 2 different manufacturer's with mowers that are considered semi-pro. The mowers are Gravely HD 48"/52" with Kawasaki FR series 24 horse motor and a Bad Boy Maverick 48"/54" with a Kawasaki FS 24 horse motor. So my cutting needs really need to be a heavy duty mower for hilly terrain that is at least going to be cutting 1.5 acres weekly but I'm also wanting to start up a side business to cut yards after work and weekends. The MSRP difference is about $800 dollars difference between the two with the Bad Boy being the more expensive of the two. The only discernable difference I've been able to see is the bad boy has the upgraded Kawasaki engine and a roll bar, and a slightly upgraded suspension. But other than that, I'm lost. I believe both use Cast spindles and both have commercial quality transaxles, if I read correctly that is, but what I'm trying to determine is the extra $800 worth it considering the potential business needs, or will I even notice a difference between the FR and FS long-term? How much abuse can the FS take over the FR? And am I missing anything between the two models? Any extra information, advice, and value added input is most welcomed! Thanks in advance.