I need some Help

Vohsenn2003

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please everyone I need some help. We are fairly new home owners and don't have much knowledge when it comes to mechanics. I just recently bought a fairly new (1-2yrs old) craftsman LT 1500 riding lawn mower off a family friend for next to nothing. The motor and everything works great on it but when we got it home and inspected it a little more we noticed the entire mower was leaning to the right. When we used it for the first time we also noticed it was mowing uneven. What could this be from and why is it leaning to the right. The tire pressure and everything it fine so that isn't the reason its leaning..... Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

hrdman2luv

Threads
Please everyone I need some help. We are fairly new home owners and don't have much knowledge when it comes to mechanics. I just recently bought a fairly new (1-2yrs old) craftsman LT 1500 riding lawn mower off a family friend for next to nothing. The motor and everything works great on it but when we got it home and inspected it a little more we noticed the entire mower was leaning to the right. When we used it for the first time we also noticed it was mowing uneven. What could this be from and why is it leaning to the right. The tire pressure and everything it fine so that isn't the reason its leaning..... Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Without sounding stupid, is it the deck or the mower itself? I guessing it's the mower itself. So for that you have to check the suspension. Where the axles connect to the tires. There's also the possibility that the tires one each side is a different size.

Take a lot of pics and post them here.

My guess is:
1. Different tires on each side
2. The deck is not adjusted properly
3. The suspension has come loose from the axles. Maybe a broken weld or missing bolt somewhere...

Vohsenn2003

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, sorry I should have clarified. The mower itself is leaning to one side which is causing the deck to lean with it I am guessing.

See that was my first guess. I checked the tires to see if they were different sizes and the two n front are the same as well as the rear tires.

I will check the suspension when I get home. I would rather try and fix the problem myself and save the money rather than have to pay someone to fix it for me. I just need a couple ideas on what to look for.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, sorry I should have clarified. The mower itself is leaning to one side which is causing the deck to lean with it I am guessing.

See that was my first guess. I checked the tires to see if they were different sizes and the two n front are the same as well as the rear tires.

I will check the suspension when I get home. I would rather try and fix the problem myself and save the money rather than have to pay someone to fix it for me. I just need a couple ideas on what to look for.

I would have guessed that it was the deck. (My first guess was a low tire, but you checked that)
Maybe the deck was removed and one of the hangers was not connected and it is lowering in that area.

Park it on a flat concrete area and take a rule and measure different parts on each side and see where the difference is.