I need help deciding which Zero Turn to buy Gravely or Exmark

Jeffro1681

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I need help deciding which Zero Turn to buy Gravely or Exmark
My 2 teen boys and I cut grass on the side and are looking to up our activity this year. Currently all total we push mow 2-3 acres, at most we will have time to increase to 4-5 acres this season (divided over about 7-8 yards). I am looking at 2 mowers both are 2010 both with ~650 hours on them. Gravely Commercial Grade148Z with a Kawasaki Engine and an Exmark Lazer HD with a Briggs. I have 2 good friends in commercial landscaping who only use Exmark however they also both prefer Kawasaki Motors over Briggs so they are little help. Both mowers appear to be well taken care of and both will sell fast. The Exmark is $1,000 more ($3600 vs 2600) and I'm trying to decide if it is worth it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I'm confident neither mower will last.

Born2Mow

Threads
  • / I need help deciding which Zero Turn to buy Gravely or Exmark
No experience with the Gravely. I'm sure it's a fine mower.

Your Exmark (made by Toro) must be used because most of their larger mowers now come with their own engine... which (BTW) is getting rave reviews. The Exmarks are typically feature-rich in ways you only appreciate after long ownership. And they are typically known for a better cut quality and a lot less mechanical noise. Newer ones have a jacking point on the front that's REALLY nice.

In the end... 1. Which stocking dealer is closest to you ? If you need to drive an hour to get belts that's going to be a PIA. 2. Look at the hours and the general condition. Is the oil on the dipstick black ? Condition of blades and belts. Look at receipts for past work.

Hope this helps.