I just picked up a couple of potential re-builders

Elfiero

Threads
  • / I just picked up a couple of potential re-builders
I went to see an old friend that lives out in the boonies in southern MN, and picked up a couple of mowers with possible potential. I got an 8237, and I got a 7268. The '68 appears to be a 1981, and the '37 appears to be a 1978. Anybody think these are worth a little time and/or money? I usually gravitate towards the Duraforce models, but I didn't want to see these in the scrap metal pile. Should I or Shouldn't I?

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Sounds like a good winter project, unless you like watching cars rust, like me in Michigan.

Keep in mind parts for F and older engines are getting harder to come by and usually expensive.

It's always a fun hobby to wrench on these old 2 strokes. I wouldn't pay a whole lot for these mowers.

Regards

Jeff

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think any aluminum deck LB mower is worthwhile to restore or refurbish, more so for the lightweight push mowers. And pretty simple to work on and repair. But as above, some stuff is hard to find and expensive. Carbs might be at the top of that list.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Pre-compliance Lawn Boys are usually sure bet. I have a 1973 #7262 and a 1975 #5024 Bricktop. Just got done mowing with my Bricktop earlier this afternoon. As long as you don’t have to dump a bunch of money into them, you should be able to make a few extra bucks from them.

L8R,
Matt