Export thread

I have my serial number but it does not exist on the B&S website - or anywhere

J

Jonny_The _Grass_Man

I have a Simplicity Lawn Tractor with a 1970 B&S engine in it. I am trying to find a replacement carburetor for it and also schematics. I have figured out it was manufactured in 1970 but can't find parts online.

This is the number stamped into a cover: 170707 1128-01 7008071

Does anyone know of a replacement carb that would work on this?

Thanks-

StarTech

StarTech

The reason you cant find the engine is that prior 1981/1982 Briggs combined all the tirm codes into one which is "99 so your 170707-1128-01 becomes 170707-1128-99. The 298472 carburetor is listed as NLA from Briggs.

sgkent

sgkent

there is one on ebay with that part number for $100 if that is it. seller has 100% positive feedback. Be aware that the engine shows TWO different carbs for that engine - a manual choke, and a chokeamatic carb. The latter supersedes to another number which is $30 on amazon. The cost for the same is $170 thru Briggs. You might want to compare yours to the actual images of the parts for sale.

J

Jonny_The _Grass_Man

Thanks! I found a new one on amazon for $28.98. The carb on there now has the chokeamatic carb, but for 29.00 I can't pass up on this.

S

SamB

Thanks! I found a new one on amazon for $28.98. The carb on there now has the chokeamatic carb, but for 29.00 I can't pass up on this.

It'd be worth that amount if only for those brushes!

StarTech

StarTech

And just think I threw a set of those brushes away as they were useless in my shop.

S

SamB

And just think I threw a set of those brushes away as they were useless in my shop.
I'd be using them for other stuff than cleaning a carb. Most all my carbs have way too small passages in them,except maybe my Carter VS.