I HATE WET SNOW

SouthCentral

Threads
Wet snow is the worst... so heavy and hard to deal with, then it gets all slushy and freezes into sharp edges which won't be going away until the next wet snow. :laughing:

4jd318

Forum Newbie
Threads
try taking 1/2 cuts with the blower. are the paddles working fast enough. hey,i heard a LOT about "FLUID FILM" a lot of guys are using it on another snow related forum and are real happy with it,my dealer carries it but i never bought it cause i really never had a 'serious' issue with clog-ups.(but yea i get a few) i heard some guys even line the inside the chute with different plastics.i know its heavy stuff to deal with, just take it slowwwww, :smile::biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Bad advice, go fast and force it through. My jd 430 has a lot of smoke flowing when snow is running water but never plugs with 46 thrower which is not a great thrower.
4jd318

oldfatguy

Threads
I found that if the belts are slipping at all it makes the the machine clog up with wet snow

monica123

Threads
I am beginning to absolutely hate snow. We had such a nice start to our winter and it started snowing on Boxing day and hasn't stopped yet. I share your same anger as most of ours is heavy and wet too.

demhustler

Threads
new one-stage - all with rotating discharge choote - all suck, all got clog-in in wet snow and useless

new two-stage - doesn't even have power rating on US-selling equipment, just cc & some torque on unknown rpm...
main reason we keep fixing old snowblowers instead of replacing on new ones - now you can't find one with wide blower and chute opening, like old ones - new have narrow diameter and clogs-in momentarily in wet conditions (see pict)

solution could be - to cut opening in side of blower wall - make hitch - like door or window you can open when snow got wet - to blow it at least to the side
another solution - board or broom on the front (underneath) to use snowblower like plow /angle broom

Attachments

• snow-blw03.JPG
    snow-blw03.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 8
  • snow-blw04.JPG
    snow-blw04.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 7

monica123

Threads
I found something worse than wet snow, wet snow that freezes! That stuff is horrible to try to move, nothing not even the tractor will move it.

demhustler

Threads
yea, freezing rain (+ snow) - nasty, probably the best way to do it - what highway services do - constant chemical application and plow softened staff, layer by layer, to keep strong chemical concentration and avoid refreezing

btw. guy on youtube put 25hp (?) Kohler engine on regular snow blower - the wetter and heavier snow - the father and higher it shoots : ))))))