Hydrogear zt3100

tjstevens167

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro titan mx5480 with hydrogear zt3100 hydrostat. I had a leak on both transmissions from the charge plates however more significant on the right side. Presuming this to be the oring I replaced both and put in new oil and filters. After purging the system the right side is not working. After purging and shutting off the bypass the axle will engage and rotate about 3/4 the speed of the left side and will have a whining noise. If I put it in neutral or reverse it will lose power and the axle will not rotate at all. Activating and then deactivatinf bypass the axle will again rotate about 3/4 speed and lose power again in neutral or reverse.

Could this be the charge plate on backwards? I was not aware there was a specific orientation and I cannot tell what issue this generally creates searching online I did not check the orientation before installing. If not the charge plate could a bad charge tube create this problem?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The charge plate can be rotated 180 degrees forcing the pump to reverse the oil flow. So you may have the cover on backwards. Being backwards prevents the charge pump from pumping oil into the main main, instead it tries to pump oil out of the main pump. This is due to the hole in the charge cover being offset to one side.