Hydro Gear Bdp-10a-903 pump

wiggy333

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI hope someone can help. I bought a pump very cheaply from Ebay which is NOS. I buggered up as i need a pump that runs CW and this one runs CCW. It also has auxilliary pump attached on top of the charge pump. Now ive always been under the impression if you rotate the charge pump 180 degrees it changes the input rotation of the pump. I have contacted Hydro Gear and they won't help. Now the pump I have is a BDP-10A-903. a CCW pump. While searching a BDP-10-703 has every part the same housing/charge pump etc and it runs CW. I have rotated the charge pump and fine on flat ground and wont go up hill and creates heat. I turned then the auxilliary pump 180 degrees to match the charge pump turn so both are now turned 180 degrees from original. Pump creates heat like in 15 seconds. Any idea on a fix.

wiggy333

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have gone through all info i can and these auxilliary Hydro gear pumps come in two types. One has auxilliary discharge and return only (my one 903 CCW rotation same as 703 CW rotation) the other has discharge and return plus auxilliary inlet. Paperwork states that if auxilliary is rotated 180 degrees the gerotator must also be rotated 180 degrees and auxilliary inlet must be used. Problem is the Auxilliary does not have the extra inlet. So if two pumps have the same parts how would the rotation direction change unless it's from charge pump.