Export thread

Hydraulic oil booster and stop leak

H

hlw49

Has anyone ever tried this stuff in a lawn mower hydro. Lawnmowers don't use hydraulic fluid they use conventional engine oil mostly 20W-50 high zinc engine oil. I have an old xxw2500 72 inch cut Dixie Chopper and I am going to try it in it and see what it does.

M

MParr

Has anyone ever tried this stuff in a lawn mower hydro. Lawnmowers don't use hydraulic fluid they use conventional engine oil mostly 20W-50 high zinc engine oil. I have an old xxw2500 72 inch cut Dixie Chopper and I am going to try it in it and see what it does.
Are you talking about the Lucas Oil product?
How about a high mileage 20W50?

H

hlw49

Yes Lucas that is what Dixie Chopper runs in their hydros in the pump and wheel motor units. Sorry not a Castrol man. Do you run that in lawn mowers. It is an additive to boost the oil reduce wear and help the performance of the hydros.

M

MParr

Yes Lucas that is what Dixie Chopper runs in their hydros in the pump and wheel motor units. Sorry not a Castrol man. Do you run that in lawn mowers. It is an additive to boost the oil reduce wear and help the performance of the hydros.
I haven’t tried 20W50 Lucas Hot Rod and Classic Car oil in my hydros. It looks like a very stout oil. I may give it a try next time around. Mobil 1 15W50 or Valvoline VR-1 20W50 are usually what I use.

H

hlw49

I'm sure any of the afor mentioned will work fine in most hydros. Have a friend who runs mobil one in his old 1997 xw2500 Dixie Chopper with a Kohler engine CV25 said a few years ago he figured he had 8,000 hours on it and still running strong.

M

MParr

I'm sure any of the afor mentioned will work fine in most hydros. Have a friend who runs mobil one in his old 1997 xw2500 Dixie Chopper with a Kohler engine CV25 said a few years ago he figured he had 8,000 hours on it and still running strong.
Wow! It must be very well maintained.