Hydraulic Filters

Skippydiesel

Threads
Hi All,

Zero Turn Mower, Ferris 48", Part Number 5901740.

1. Dont seem to be able to find a part number for the two hydraulic filters - can you help?

2. B&S parts very hard to get in Australia - can you recomend an alternative to above OM?

Thanks in anticipation.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your mower uses the Hydrogear ZT-3100 drives which use the hydrogear part number 52114. But can also use the 72750 oil change kit which is 5 quarts of oil and two filters. The pump that mounts onto the bottles, and the fittings to connect to the drives, But with the reservoir systems you won't need the pump or the fittings. But will need to remove the top fill plug to speed up the oil flowing from the tanks into the hydro units

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But the fitting does help to keep things cleaner as the overflow can be directed to a catch pan or bottle. Does require one or two hoses depending which fitting is used.

Skippydiesel

Threads
Your mower uses the Hydrogear ZT-3100 drives which use the hydrogear part number 52114. But can also use the 72750 oil change kit which is 5 quarts of oil and two filters. The pump that mounts onto the bottles, and the fittings to connect to the drives, But with the reservoir systems you won't need the pump or the fittings. But will need to remove the top fill plug to speed up the oil flowing from the tanks into the hydro units
Great! spot on information AND FAST!!!!

Skippydiesel

Threads
The OM Hydro-Gear filters hydraulic filters PN 52114 are like finding "hens teeth" & very expensive when you do (around $40/each Australian)

I can get Stens PN 120-738 for about half the above price - are these okay??

Skippydiesel

Threads
Hydro-Gear recommended motor oil for the gearboxes, 20W-50 API SL.

Any comments /observations on this??

Skippydiesel

Threads
While on oils - The new B&S 25 hp engine oil recommendations are very broad, everything from a straight 30W mineral up to a full synthetic (Vanguard) 15W-50.

I have used straight 30W in my small engines for probably 40 years or so without any issues. My local mower shop is recommending full synthetic multigrades 10W-40 for B&S / Kawasaki twins - Comments????

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stens for the most part has decent parts. And the factory oil from Hydrogear is 20W50 motor oil.The big push the last few years is to synthetic oils, which in the case of mowers don't extend oil change intervals. And if you have used 30W for that long I don't see any reason to change that.

Skippydiesel

Threads
Thanks for that ILENGINE.

Just had another thought (dangerous) - could I use the same Vanguard 10W-50 full synthetic in the transmission?
Would sure save on all those part used oil containers around my place.