Hustler Super Z Running on One cylinder intermintently

russellw

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Super Z Running on One cylinder intermintently
Hi All! I have been checking this site out for some time now but this is my first post. This is a frustrating problem so I hope with all of the wisdom you all bring to this forum I can finally solve this mystery. I have a 2007 Hustler Super Z with a Kohler 30 hp motor. Model cv750-0026. At first you could mowe for several hours with no problems at all. If I shut it down and went to mowe somewhere else it would run for a while and then would loose power and run on one cylinder for several seconds and then kick back in to full power. This would go back and forth until I finished the lawn. The periods of running on one cylinder became more and more frequent until it got to the point it did not come back to both. I put on a new carberator but this did not help. I believe I found the side that was cutting out and replaced the ignition module.This seemed to help but when mower started back up it seemed to run a little rough,pop some times, like it needed a tune up. After mowing with it for several hours it seems to be running better but will still cut out of one cylinder for very breif periods occationally. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post!

i have coils replaced 2 times now on my unit now were dealing with whats drawing the battery down and why its leaking oil since it came back from the shop

Y2kato

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I can tell you replacing two coils did not solve the problem. This stinks! Howe ever, when I got done moweing I was talking to a good ol boy who lets me park my trailor in his yard while I am mowing because he is afraid I will get hit parking in the road, All I have to do is weed whack around a few trees for the favor. Anyways he came up to me when I am done mowing and I proceed to tell him what my problem is and he gets down and starts to looking at my mower and after about 30 seconds said I can tell what your problem is. He said you are vapor locking on this fuel line that is too close to the engine and is getting too hot. I felt the fuel line and it was hot. The fuel filter was almost emtpy too. While we talked and the engine started to cool you could see air bubles in the filter and it started to fill back up with gas. Do you all think this is the problem?:confused2::confused2:

Y2kato

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever figure out what was causing issue on your super Z I’m having same issue

johnny A

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have the same problem feels like runs on one cylinder for short period of time any ideas will change coils to statr with