Hustler Super z hydraulic fluid cooler fan problem

Silentmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
My fan quit working on my Hydraulic fluid heat exchanger. Shrink wrapped in the fan wiring is what I believe to be a 10a fuse. I had no continuity through it. I bypassed the fuse and still the fan wouldn’t work when the ignition key was turned on. I cut the wires to the fan motor and when I applied 12 volts directly to the fan it ran great. I tested the wires coming from the ignition and had 12 volts. When I connected to the fan it dropped to millivolts. Do I have a relay problem as well as the in line fuse being burnt ?

Regal Labradors

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Super z hydraulic fluid cooler fan problem
My fan quit working on my Hydraulic fluid heat exchanger. Shrink wrapped in the fan wiring is what I believe to be a 10a fuse. I had no continuity through it. I bypassed the fuse and still the fan wouldn’t work when the ignition key was turned on. I cut the wires to the fan motor and when I applied 12 volts directly to the fan it ran great. I tested the wires coming from the ignition and had 12 volts. When I connected to the fan it dropped to millivolts. Do I have a relay problem as well as the in line fuse being burnt ?
I have the exact same problem with my Super Z. We're you able to find the problem on yours yet?

Mr. Mower

Threads
Sub'd