Hustler Raptor SD54

EricShawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning Eric Shawn here with no click no start on my Hustler! My Key switch broke so I replaced it along with the fuse.I’ve been trouble shooting the last few days to no avail. My relays, pto switch, solenoid, and battery are new. I have bypassed the safety switches for testing. I have power to the solenoid and starter works when I jump it but still no fuel. I’m at a loss on what else to do. What could be the problem when a key switch just falls to pieces. It ran fine before with only 200 maintained hours.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you positive you replaced the key switch with the exact same switch? Many switches look the same, but the terminals are different. Please post your units model and serial numbers so we can check on which switch you need.

EricShawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you positive you replaced the key switch with the exact same switch? Many switches look the same, but the terminals are different. Please post your units model and serial numbers so we can check on which switch you need.
Update! Thanks for the reply! I figured it out. I replaced the fuse with a lighted fuse that I thought was good but it tested 12.7 volts on one side and 11.7 on the other. So it wasn’t enough to activate the relays. Once I put a new fuse in there it turned over and started fine. Kept my extra parts for the future. Happy mowing!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Update! Thanks for the reply! I figured it out. I replaced the fuse with a lighted fuse that I thought was good but it tested 12.7 volts on one side and 11.7 on the other. So it wasn’t enough to activate the relays. Once I put a new fuse in there it turned over and started fine. Kept my extra parts for the future. Happy mowing!
Glad you got it going. Moral of the story is, you fired the parts cannon at your mower, that didn’t work, then you replaced a .20 cent fuse and it did work.