Hustler/Kohler Junk still not fixed after a month no help from either company.

Dpmulvan

Threads
  • / Hustler/Kohler Junk still not fixed after a month no help from either company.
Stay away from the Kohler 7000 series it's junk! And while your at it stay away from Hustler biggest piece of crap I ever bought.

577jersey

Threads
  • / Hustler/Kohler Junk still not fixed after a month no help from either company.
Ive had mine running everyday for hours on end since last month and its great...does have the FR engine though...if you take it easy over rough terrain and do the regular maintenance these mowers will last a long time.

The 7000 seems to be a decent motor so far,,what happened to yours?

Tom

DK35vince

Threads
And while your at it stay away from Hustler biggest piece of crap I ever bought.
I had a Hustler FasTrak for 4 years 250 hours. My dad has it now for the past 3 years. Been in our family 7 years and never a single issue. (don't know the current hours)
Coming into my 3rd year (around 160 hours) on my Hustler Super Z. Never a single issue so far.
Both have the Kawasaki engine.

577jersey

Threads
I had a Hustler FasTrak for 4 years 250 hours. My dad has it now for the past 3 years. Been in our family 7 years and never a single issue. (don't know the current hours)
Coming into my 3rd year (around 160 hours) on my Hustler Super Z. Never a single issue so far.
Both have the Kawasaki engine.
Im gonna be the first to put 1000 hours on an SD..you watch :)

Those mowers you got should do 2000 hours no problem...

Dpmulvan

Threads
Motor keeps stalling out been to two shops nobody seems to know how to fix it. Mower runs till it warms up then quits. First shop Kleis equipment where I bought it is a joke, sold me mower then didn't want to deal with me. They used silicone caulk to reseal valve cover which now has made it's way into carb. Whole thing is a joke Hustler should give me my money back. $4000 and a month later I still have no mower.

577jersey

Threads
Hustler should have never went to Kohler,,Kohler is not what it used to be...even though I see a little bit of promise in the new 7000 only time will tell.
Sorry you are having issues with it bro!

When the motor quits you need to see if its getting a good fuel delivery to carb ruling out fuel pump or vent clog.If thats good you need to check and make sure its still getting spark,,if thats good well compression is the only thing left besides air which I doubt.