Hustler Fastrak 48” vs John Deere Z425 54”

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is obviously a Hustler forum, so I anticipate an obvious bias towards Hustler products, however I am purchasing a used mower, I have narrowed it down to a 2013 Hustler Fastrak 48” with the Kawasaki FS651V or a 2010 John Deere Z425 (23 HP). Both are priced similarly, with around the same amount of hours (350). It will just be used residentially and I’m cutting a little under an acre. I have a lot of past experience with JD products as well as Ex-Mark but have never run a Hustler, however I’ve heard great things about them and know a lot of commercial outfits around here run them. Other than simple personal preference, are there any major differences between the two mowers that I should consider before purchasing? Can anyone speak to the speed/cut quality of either mower but especially the Hustler?
Thanks in advance

neetan

Threads
Only thing I will say, i believe the Hustler & JD have a "Hydro-Gear ZT2800 transmissions" It is a toss up but the build quality of the deck & frame is better with Hustler. I have the 2014 Fastrack SD with the honda & love it. Look at if the service has been done on both, if one has it done go with that the service is 250 parts only plus labour. Only other suggestion I have, is look at each bolt and see what grade they are? If it has 3 hash marks it is grade 3, 5 is grade 5 and so on. The higher the better! Good luck.