Hustler Dash Deck Vibration

FiremistSLK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. I just took delivery today on my new Hustler Dash with the 34" deck. I checked it out while sitting in my driveway, added some gas and it started right up. I set the throtle to about half and when I engaged the blades, there was a tremendous vibration! I mean really bad! Seemed to almost shake the deck apart! The vibration seemed to lessen when I went to full power, but it is still there! The mower has not been on my grass yet. Could the blades be that far out of balance from the factory? Or is something else wrong?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.... JOHN

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

FiremistSLK

Forum Newbie
Threads
WOW! Thank you so very much Mechanic Mark! I was doing it all wrong. I was engaging the PTO at very low RPM's on this brand new mower. I am so embarassed.... I did not read the manual cover to cover before starting the mower. It is parked in the shed right now and will stay there until the manual has been read...... COVER to COVER:smile: The cluch burnishing proceedure, as described in the link you provided, will be completed before I use the mower. Thank you again for the very informative reply. Regards, JOHN

clubairth

Threads
You might want to look at your mower?
Too many people making comments with no knowledge?

Here is a picture of the control panel on my Raptor 54 SD.
Note the blade engagement is at 1/2 throttle.

Control Panel-Throttle.jpg

FiremistSLK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Clubairth..... I checked the control panel on my DASH and it also has the PTO engagement symbol! I didn't notice it until you mentioned it... The symbol on the DASH control panel is located at about 3/4 full thottle on my mower. However, I did perform the PTO clutch break-in as described by the link provided by Mechanic Mark and it cured the vibration issue. So for new mowers, I would suggest performing the PTO clutch break-in. Then setting the throttle where the PTO engagement symbol is located on your control panel (provided your mower has this symbol) thereafter. Thanks again guys........ JOHN